Seeking Applicants for the PCC Board of Trustees
Person County Schools is seeking applicants for an appointment to the Board of Trustees for Piedmont Community College. This is in accordance with NCGS§ 115D 12, subsection Group One. Trustees serve four-year terms.
Piedmont Community College Board of Trustees
Person County Schools is seeking applicants for an appointment to the Board of Trustees for Piedmont Community College. This is in accordance with NCGS§ 115D‑12, subsection Group One. Trustees serve four-year terms.
Piedmont Community College’s Board of Trustees is a 15-member board that governs the College according to the standards, regulations, and policies set by the NC Board of Community Colleges, as well as the College’s own standards, regulations, and policies.
Trustees should have a genuine desire to provide public service to others and commit themselves to carrying out the legal, ethical and moral obligations of the position.
A candidate for the Person County Board of Education’s appointment should:
- Be a resident of Person County.
- Be committed to the mission and goals of Person County Schools and Piedmont Community College.
- Have a concern for the educational welfare of local citizens.
- Represent the views of Person County Schools in matters that come before the Board of Trustees.
- Represent the institution, its aspirations, its students and the taxpayers.
- Serve as a liaison between the institution and the business and industry and public education communities.
- Attend quarterly and special board meetings and serve on institutional committees.
In order to apply for this appointment, interested applicants should submit the following materials by noon on June 19, 2019:
- A brief letter of introduction outlining your qualifications for service and your desire to serve if appointed.
- A brief history of experiences that qualify you for consideration as a candidate for Trustee.
- Educational Background, included earned degrees.
Interested applicants should submit these materials to:
Person County Schools
304 S. Morgan Street, Room 25
Roxboro, NC 27573