SURVIVING SOPHOMORE YEAR!
You're now a sophomore! You accomplished a big step by completing your first year in early college-successfully! We are proud of you. Here are some tips to help you continue your success in the sophomore year.
Sign up for the PSAT. (see counselor for details)
All Sophomores are required to take the Pre-ACT. Be sure to participate in ACT Academy or any other ACT/SAT prep resource to prepare you for not only the Pre-ACT but also for the ACT or SAT that you will take your Junior year.
- Maintain good grades and continue to challenge yourself with courses and extracurricular activities. Try to focus on one or two extracurriculars and honor the commitment.
- Maintain a record of any awards, honors and recognitions that you receive in addition to your community service activities and hours.
- Start thinking about summer enrichment programs that you would like to participate in, such as NC Governor's School and NC Summer Ventures. Check with your school counselor or college liaison for summer opportunities.
- Attend college and career fairs and network with current college students and/or individuals working in your career field.
- College classes will become more challenging this year. Stay ahead and make a study plan. See the college liaison if you need assistance or find yourself struggling in your college class. Do not wait until it's too late for the liaison to help.