Character Trait Recognition | Introduction
This recognition opportunity began in January 2019. Each month 2 students will be recognized for displaying a specific positive character trait. The purpose of this program is to increase character education throughout Person County Schools. The schedule for trait recognition is as follows.
Definition of Trait
- Being dependable in carrying out obligations and duties.
- Showing reliability and consistency in words and conduct.
- Being accountable for your own actions.
- Being committed to active involvement in your school and community.
- Being considerate, courteous, helpful, and understanding of others.
- Showing care, compassion, friendship, and generosity.
- Treating others as you would like to be treated.
- Showing high regard for other people, self, property, and country.
- Understanding that all people have value as human beings.
- Having the determination to do the right thing even when others don't.
- Having the strength to follow your conscience rather than the crowd.
- Attempting difficult things that are worthwhile.
- Having the inner strength to be truthful, trustworthy, and honest in all things.
- Acting justly and honorably.
- Demonstrating hard work and commitment to purpose.
- Regulating yourself for improvement and restraining from inappropriate behaviors.
- Being in proper control of your words, actions, impulses, and desires.
- Doing your best in all situations.
- The quality of being loyal to someone or something.
- If you are faithful and devoted to someone or something, you're loyal.
- A loyal friend supports you all the time, no matter what.
- Sympathetic pity and concern for the sufferings or misfortunes of others.
- Sympathetic consciousness of others' distress together with a desire to alleviate it
- the quality of being trustworthy or of performing consistently well.
- Being persistent in the pursuit of worthy objectives in spite of difficulty, opposition, or discouragement.
- Exhibiting patience and having the determination and strength to try again when confronted with delays, mistakes, and failures.
- a feeling of self-assurance arising from one's appreciation of one's own abilities or qualities.
- Patriotism or national pride is the ideology of love and devotion to a homeland, and a sense of alliance with other citizens who share the same values.