Requirements and Procedure
The Person County Board of Education welcomes volunteers in schools. All school volunteers must complete a volunteer application and have an approved criminal background check. All volunteers are bound by the standards of conduct applicable to all school employees. The principal may terminate the services of a volunteer if the principal deems appropriate.
Items to note:
- Current employees do not need to complete the volunteer application for their child(ren) school. Employees are already in the background system.
- If you were an approved volunteer in the prior year, you do not need to complete the application again.
- The new system issues "volunteer cards" once approved. People in the old system are not provided a card at this time.
- If you are completing the background check form, only complete once. You do not need to complete a form for each child. There is the option to select schools at the bottom of your application.
- If you only see the Spanish version, look at your settings on your computer in the top right to change the language.