PCS Before and After School Care
Hours and Days of Operation
- Before school care is provided from 6:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m. daily, beginning on the first pupil day and ending the last pupil day of the regular school year. After School care is provided from 3:00 p.m. - 6:15 p.m. on days when regular school is in operation.
- On early release days, daycare starts at 12 p.m.
- The before and after school program ends the last pupil day of the regular school year.
- On early dismissal days because of snow/ice, Centers will not operate. On days school operates on delayed opening schedule Centers will open at 8:00 a.m. at no additional charge to participants; however, if school is subsequently canceled the Center will close.
- Parents will be contacted if it is determined the Centers will close because of continuing hazardous weather conditions. Parents are to pick-up children within one hour of being notified that it is necessary for the site to close. If children are left at the site over one-hour past notification the late charge scale will be in effect. (Please note: there is no way to serve meals or snacks to children on days when center announces that it must close). Parents should have emergency plans if this situation occurs.
- Before/After School care is not provided during school holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Martin Luther King’s Birthday, Memorial Day, Easter, Spring Break, and Labor Day). Summer Care Program is closed on the July 4th holiday.
- Summer Care Programs will operate full days Monday through Friday from 6:15 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Dates of operation will be announced the first week in May.