Employee Information and Forms

  • The information provided here is primarily for current Person County Schools employees. If you have any questions, please contact Human Resource Services at 336-599-2191 ext. 22133

    The Person County Schools Employee Handbook is designed to provide information and address questions regarding required Board of Education policies and procedures so that every Person County Schools employee is able to perform his or her job more effectively. Every employee shall read the PCS Employee Handbook and acknowledge understanding of the information contained in it by completing the training in the employee Public School Works account.

    Address or Telephone Number Change Request

    In order to keep your personnel file up to date with our office, please submit an address change form to Human Resource Services. The form may be sent by Courier from your school, by mail to Central Services, or by fax to 336-599-0844.

    Employee Leave Agreements

    Any employee who needs to take a leave of absence (6 or more days) for personal or professional reasons should submit a request for leave. Contact Kathy Hall, hallmk@person.k12.nc.us or 336-599-2191 ext. 22133, if you have any questions.

    Employee Self-Service

    Access your Continuing Education Employee History information from the school network. This will allow you to see what is currently on file with Central Services with respect to your demographic information and renewal credits.

    Health Certificate

    All new employees are required to have a physical, including a TB test, within the first 60 days of employment. The Health Exam Requirement Form is provided during the new hire sign-up appointment.

    Inclement Weather

    In case of school cancellation or early dismissal due to inclement weather, it is important that all staff members clearly understand the options related to the work day. For detailed information visit the inclement weather page.

    Name Change Procedures

    In the event that an employee changes his/her name, a copy of your new social security card and new drivers are required to be submitted with the Name Change Form. Click here for the Name Change Form.


    The resignation form is available by clicking here or at the Human Resource Services office. Employees should complete the form and return it to the Chief Human Resources Officer by courier from your school or by mail.  Please note that certified employees are required to provide 30 days notice prior to resignation.

    You will receive a letter verifying receipt and acceptance of your resignation, along with information on completing an exit survey. Please complete the survey so that we may use the data in our efforts to continuously improve Person County Schools.

    Tax Forms

    To change your income tax deductions, you can request in your TimeKeeper account when you log in.  This is the most efficient way to update these.  For questions on how to complete in TimeKeeper, contact Kaitlyn Wilson, Payroll Specialist, at wilsonka@person.k12.nc.us or 336-599-2191 ext. 22137.

    Transfer Requests

    Requests for transfer must be renewed each year to ensure active and current intent. To request or renew a transfer request, complete the transfer request form no later than April 30th of the current year.

    Once submitted, the request is reviewed and approved by Human Resources. Once approved, your request is entered into our database and a notification email is sent to principals when vacancies occur. The transfer database is shared with principals/supervisors, and they are notified as new requests are made.

    Voluntary Shared Leave (VSL)

    Individuals who would like to request VSL should contact Kathy Hall, hallmk@person.k12.nc.us or 336-599-2191 ext. 22133. Once the Chief Human Resources Officer has reviewed your request, you will be notified of their decision. 
    Individuals who would like to donate leave should complete a donor's request form and return it to Human Resource Services.