State Board Mission, Vision, and Goals
Every public school student will graduate ready for post secondary education and work,
prepared to be a globally engaged and productive citizen
The State Board of Education will use its constitutional authority to lead and uphold the system of public education in North Carolina.
- Every student in the NC Public School System graduates from high school prepared for work, further education and citizenship.
- Every student has a personalized education.
- Every student, every day has excellent educators.
- Every school district has up-to-date financial, business, and technology systems to serve its students, parents and educators.
- Every student is healthy, safe, and responsible.
Office of the North Carolina State Board of Education
301 North Wilmington Street, Room 212
6302 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-6302
Click here to access the State Board's website.