Person County Schools employs a wide variety of classified staff. Our Human Resource Services' office works with applicants seeking employment to explain qualifications for classified positions as well as with employed classified staff. All classified positions in our district require completion of high school, a GED and/or college credits).
Classified Personnel include:
- Teacher Assistants (must also obtain/maintain a school bus driver license)
- Administrative Assistants
- Maintenance staff
- Transportation staff
- Custodial staff (must also obtain/maintain a school bus driver license and drive when needed)
- School Nutrition staff (must also obtain/maintain a school bus driver license and drive when needed)
- Bus Drivers / Bus Monitors
Contact Lori Stacey with questions not answered throughout this section.
Person County Schools posts vacant positions for a minimum of 5 days. Vacancy announcements include a description of the position, who the position reports to, minimum salary, qualifications, special requirements, term and hours, and closing date for the posting. To obtain more specific details about a position or to indicate interest in a particular position, applicants should make contact with the contact person shown on the vacancy announcement.